Q: How do I enroll in the ITP program?

A: Attendance at an ITP Info Session is required for permission to enroll. Sessions are held throughout the fall and spring about enrolling for the following academic year. Space is limited; to register, please 1) complete a contact form and 2) reserve a seat.

Q: When can I start the ITP program?

A: ITP accepts new students to the program during the Fall semester only.

Q: I attended an ITP Info Session, now what?

A: Please submit your CUNYfirst EMPL ID number on this form. Your EMPL ID will be used to grant you permission to register for the ITCP 70010 Core 1 course, which enrolls you in the certificate program.

Q: I’m a faculty member at a CUNY school. Can I participate in the ITP program?

A: You can apply and participate in ITP via our standalone certificate program. Details about how to apply can be found here.

Q: Is there tuition assistance for CUNY faculty members to take the ITP Standalone Certificate Program?

A: Yes, courses in the ITP program qualify for tuition remission, according to your position at CUNY.

Contact HR at your home campus about getting credited for your remission benefits.

Q: I’m a Masters student at the GC. Can I participate in the ITP program?

A: Yes, you are eligible to enroll in the ITP program and earn a certificate.

Q: Can I use the 3-credit ITP Core courses to fulfill my MALS program coursework requirements?

A: You can use ITP Core 1 and Core 2 courses towards filling your 18-credit MALS elective requirement. ITP courses cannot be used to fill the MALS track-specific core course requirement.

Q: Can my MALS thesis stand in for the ITP Independent Study requirement?

A: It is possible ITP will accept the MALS thesis in lieu of the Independent Study as satisfying the certificate requirements, depending upon discussion and evaluation. If permitted, you must complete all requirements of the MALS thesis, including but not limited to all group advising meetings, proposal expectations, and final paper/thesis requirements. Your advisor can be an ITP or MALS faculty member.

Q: What if I have completed my MALS thesis, but I want to pursue another project under the supervision of an ITP faculty member?

A: Yes, as long as it is a separate project from your MALS Thesis. You will propose a project and, upon approval of our Coordinator, be matched with a faculty supervisor.

Q: I’m a Level 3 doctoral student at the GC. Can I participate in the ITP program?

A: It is possible to do the program as a Level 3 student by paying out of pocket. It costs $530 per credit for a Level 3 in-state student, $905 out of state. Here’s the breakdown of what the program would cost for someone who has in-state status. $530 x3 credits = $1,590 per course; x3 ITP courses = $4,770 for the program.

Q: What happens if I enrolled in the ITP program as Level 1 or 2, I but reach Level 3 prior to starting the Independent Study?

A: All students are now required to register for the Independent Study before reaching Level 3 (we will no longer be allowing audits as this has become an unsustainable burden on the program and IS supervisors). If you reach Level 3 prior to starting the IS, you will either have to pay for the course out-of-pocket or complete the IS without regular faculty supervision and evaluation.

Q: I’m an Inter-University Doctoral Consortium student. Can I participate in the ITP program?

A: Yes. Non-GC students who are part of the Inter-University Doctoral Consortium may enroll in ITP courses. Upon completing all of the program requirements, we will write you a letter to include with your CV for job applications. The certificate will not appear on your official transcript.

Consortium students will need to complete a Registration Form (request from Julie Fuller, APO, jfuller1@gradcenter.cuny.edu) and submit it to the GC Registrar prior to being able to sign up for a course.